Purpose-built for aggressive trail and enduro riding, Rail SX features an entirely new shape with extended side, front and rear coverage to provide more confidence on rough, technical terrain.
Rail SX Mips Helmet
ROULEZ EN TOUTE CONFIANCE
ROULEZ EN TOUTE CONFIANCE
- Trail-specific maximum enduro coverage EPS construction; 3mm lower (Front), 3-5mm lower(sides), 8-10mm lower (back)
- MIPS Brain Protection System optimized design
- AirFlow ventilation combines 18 straight vents with straight, non-tapered walls to guide airflow through deep internal channels to keep riders cool at variable speeds
- Removable moto-style extended protection visor mounts cleanly to the sides and is infinitely adjustable on the move
- Integrated strap clip on the rear keeps goggle straps in position and prevents them from falling off during a crash
- Low-speed and high-speed impact-tuned construction with Direct Support vents, optimized low-density EPS, and ultra-thin toughened polycarbonate shells all in-mold bonded together
- Element Strap System (ESS) brings together Cinch One Pro™ fit system, adjustable locking dividers, and LiteForm™ webbing into one fit and retention system for superior fit and comfort right out of the box
Cinch One Pro™ fit system offers 360-degree coverage and positioning with secure, adjustable height for full protection, support and comfort
- Lightweight LiteForm™ webbing wraps around for a more secure fit
- TransTextura Plus™ anti-microbial padding helps fight bacteria growth by pulling sweat from a rider’s head and transferring it through the AirFlow vents. The natural property of the fabric inhibits microbes that cause odors
- Dual-position integrated mounting surfaces, GoPro™ curved mount compatible for cameras and the Giant Recon light system
Awarded a five-star rating by the world-famous Virginia Tech Helmet Safety Lab, the Rail SX features an integrated MIPS Brain Protection System and a lightweight, 20-vent design to keep you safe, comfortable and in control when you’re pushing limits on trail, enduro or all-mountain terrain.
Trail Specific Design
A total of 20 vents with straight, non-tapered walls, strategically designed and positioned for off-road performance. The size and shape of the vents helps guide airflow through interior channels to maximize ventilation at low and high speeds for better cooling on climbs or descents.
The moto-style visor is tough and durable. It’s also infinitely adjustable and removable. It functions perfectly with goggles and most off-road riding glasses.
Cinch One Pro Fit System
This fit system offers optimal coverage by cradling the occipital bone for full protection, support and comfort. Large scoop-like paddles protrude outward to cradle the head.
Integrated strap clip on the rear keeps the goggle strap in position and prevents it from falling off during a crash.
Transtextura Plus Antimicrobial Padding
These highly advanced natural fabrics fight bacteria growth by pulling sweat from a rider’s head and transferring it through the AirFlow vents. The natural property of the fabric inhibits microbes that cause odors.
Dual-Position Mounting System
Attach a GoPro curved stick-on mount for optimal POV positioning of your camera, or mount one of our new Giant light systems for line-of-sight visibility during your night rides.
MIPS Brain Protection System
The MIPS Brain Protection System is designed to add protection by managing the forces of rotational motion. The shell and liner are separated by a Low Friction Layer that, when subjected to an angled impact, allows the helmet to slide relative to the head.
Selecting any of the image buttons will open a larger image gallery with image descriptions
Virginia Tech 5 Star Rating
In collaboration with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Virginia Tech have rated a total of 128 bike helmets using the STAR evaluation system. The bicycle helmet impact tests evaluate a helmet's ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience. Helmets with more stars provide a reduction in concussion risk for these impacts compared to helmets with less stars. Read more.
Produits conformes aux exigences de sécurité (décret n°95-937). GIANT Belgique se réserve le droit de modifier les spécifications sans préavis.